Thursday 26 July 2012

The Silently Loud Connection


Connections. There are so many notions taking birth in my mind that I can write a book on this single word. Right now, there is just one that is loud and clear and that is going to get my preference. I owe this one to Theme Thursday.



"Marriage is the unison of two souls", they say. I had my doubts about this courtesy my naivety, narrow horizon of my mind and my inability to see the rose amidst the thorns. At this stage of Life, I have risen above all the restrictions to notice and understand the beauty of the relationship called marriage. As I explore the subtelities of it, there is one that catches my attention - the mutual understanding between the couple. It's astonishing to see how unspoken words form their language of communication when required. Magical is more apt a term. One example that I take utmost pleasure in stating here is that of my parents. They exude this magic that I talk of. I have seen it and felt it in a way. This is no romantic fairytale kind of an idea that feels good in books and movies and can never come true. It is as true as it can be and it just takes a little bit of patience along with an effort to bid the devil called Ego a firm bye-bye to generate this sort of silent mutual understanding. It isn't a Herculean task to understand each other when feelings are expressed through words. The real challenge, so to say, lies in grasping each other's emotions by sending words on a holiday. It is as though an aura engulfs two souls connected by an invisible cord of Love and Understanding. And this is The Connection.  


8 comments:

  1. My marriage (my 2nd) is everything my 1st was not - it's compromise, sharing, respectful, and, yes, magical....a connection of the heart and mind..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is magical. Complex thoughts you have put together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful to read and a tonic to my troubled mind. A couple close to us is divorcing. They married just three months before my husband and I did. It terrifies me to see the path their marriage took in the same amount of years as we have been married.

    That connection, as you say, takes work. Truly a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. understanding and love def fuel the connection that happens in marriage...it def takes work to have a successful marriage...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A unison of two souls...that's a new thought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely thoughts ---and very true. My husband likes to point out how different we are, yet after 25 years together there have been thousands of times when the same thought escapes both of our lips at the same moment. Or we are each walking from one room to another to tell each other we have arrived at the same solution to a problem. I joke that great minds think alike. He dismisses it as a fluke, but then he is the half-empty one of this couple, while I am the half-full. We ARE very different, yet we often think alike.

    Find my response to "connections" here:
    http://proartz.blogspot.com/2012/07/connections-non-fiction.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so wonderful that you have experienced and felt what your parents have between them, not all children of a couple feel this. I think that many couples mistake lust for love and once the lust wears off then the work of building a marriage and a life together begin. Sadly today with it being so easy and so accepted by society many couples end in a divorce, and yes while some should do this, there are also many who just needed to realize marriage takes work and you need to both work hard together.

    Thank you for sharing such wonderful thoughts about connecting within a marriage for this weeks Theme Thursday.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely :) yes, marriage is not just rosy and lovey-dovey on its own... it needs a lot of work and accommodating from both partners, to make it so!

    Do stop by my blog sometime :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...