Wednesday 1 February 2012

Accept and Redeem.

The following lines are written on the prompts given by The Sunday Whirl (wordle 41) and Three Word Wednesday (3WW CCLVII). The three words this week are: detach, jolt, surge.



I stroll in Present's green field,
Protecting my permeable heart with pretence's shield.
I try to extinguish the flames of regret,
By freezing those moments that, anguish, beget.
I make an effort to detach Present from Past,
Forgetting that footprints left behind, forever, last.
And then, a fortuitous jolt brought with it the portrayal,
Of a startling revelation, halting this self-betrayal.
Enslaving yesterday's shocks with redemption and acceptance,
As I learnt, is the key to serenity and a blissful trance.
This surge of optimism and advice, divine,
Was a breath of fresh air that made me shine.
Now, i walk this earth sans pessimism's horn,
As a new, peaceful me is born.


wordle 41



20 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visi and this awesome-ly positive post.. you made my day brighter.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the appreciation and I'm glad this made your day brighter! :)
      It was nice having you here. :)

      Delete
  2. You blended these words with insights from your heart. Well done. Thanks for stopping by my place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. :)
      Thanks! :)
      It's nice having you here. :)

      Delete
  3. The journey to self discovery is never ending, isn't it but, so worth it. Lovely piece with using the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, it ends only with us.
      Thanks for the appreciation and glad you stopped by. :)

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful thing it is to leave the past behind and find a reason to be optimistic. This was a nice use of both the whirl prompts and three word prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful thing, indeed! :)
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. leaving the past behind can be a great thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With positivity, it is! :)
      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. That's a good way to walk the world.

    Great use of three words, and a bunch of others too. Please read my attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber, a nice use of the wordle words. I like how you took "frozen" and wrote "By freezing those moments that, anguish, beget." And how you ended with "born". A lovely poem about optimism.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      Those two lines are my favourites too! :)

      Delete
  8. Positivity shines up through your words. I love the message of your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautifully positive piece. Thanks for sharing :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...